There is an empty corner in my room and one bare wall and both could potentially be areas of construction for a worthy purpose: books!
Lots and lots of books to give me the crazies!
Thanks to Tumblr and its awesome users, I have been able to develop a book list I’d like to see read by this summer. Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of money but nevertheless, here it is:
– Manifesta, by Jennifer Baumgardner
– Candy Girl, by Diablo Cody
– The Second Sex, by Simone de Beauvoir
– The Virgin Suicides, by Jeffrey Eugenidies
– The Vagina Monologues, by Eve Ensler
– The Feminine Mystique, by Betty Friedan
– Yes Means Yes, by Jaclyn Friedman
– Coraline, by Neil Gaiman
– The Scarlet Letter, by Nathaniel Hawthorne
– Girl, Interrupted, by Susanna Kaysen
– In the Name of Honor, by Mukhtar Mai
– Odd Girl Out, by Rachel Simmons
– Self-Made Man, by Norah Vincent
– The Good Women of China, by Xinran
Yes they’re all books about women but what’s wrong with having a shelf dedicated to my gender hm hm?
Throw this T-shirt my way and I’ll be a happy cupcake:
I only wish it would include ‘Play PS’ because then this T-shirt would perfectly encompass the activities of my typical day.
“Medicine, law and business are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance and love – these are what we stay alive for.”
— Dead Poet’s Society