There’s a new video from my favorite series, Tales of Mere Existence called “Things I have Worried About”. I’m at once sad that these fears are so familiar (well, with the exception of the ones about “not getting it up”) and comforted that I’m not alone in my needless worries. In an effort to shed some of the burden of the fears I carry around (some all the time, some only every once in awhile), I’d like to share some here. Maybe you’ll relate. Maybe you’ll just think I’m a neurotic mess and sometimes I worry I’m just that 😉
My 20 Biggest Worries
- Something horrible will happen to my family.
- I’ll fart loudly in front of a whole lot of people.
- I won’t be able to get pregnant if and when I want kids.
- Or, if I do, the baby won’t be healthy.
- I’ll never be the person I can be proud of.
- I’ll get diabetes like just about everyone else in my family and won’t be able to eat cupcakes anymore.
- Or, I’ll get cancer.
- My plane will crash.
- My hair stylist will accidentally cut off all my hair.
- One day I’ll get Alzheimer’s and lose my memory.
- One of my parents will get Alzheimer’s and forget who I am.
- I’ll lose the function of my body through some horrific accident.
- I won’t make enough money to retire comfortably.
- I do something stupid and lose my bestest friend who is also my sister.
- I get stuck in a routine way of life.
- Being in a loveless marriage.
- The ghost of Kayako from “The Grudge” will one day follow me home and kill me.
- I’ll cause an accident in which innocent people are harmed.
- I’ll get rejected by everyone I know.
“Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.”
~ Henry David Thoreau